Everybody should be aware of theft and fraud. They are becoming more frequent, especially in these times of hardship. We continue to develop and offer innovative decisions, simultaneously taking into account your crucial role in preventing and limiting such activities. Below we offer you some advice and suggestions.
It is especially important to keep your personal data away from unauthorized third parties, because it could be used without your knowledge or consent to carry out bank operations – the opening of bank accounts, cash withdrawal and fund transfers, taking out loans and issuing credit cards in your name as well as other activities which could harm your financial status. Below is some advice on how you can protect your personal data:
- Keep your personal documents (ID, passport, driving license) as well as any other documents containing personal data; keep them in a way that third parties have no access to them; If one of your personal documents has been stolen or lost, immediately inform the Bank and the respective authorities;
- Destroy in a timely manner the documents containing personal data and information or those which are for your personal use only (preferably by using a shredder);
- Be suspicious of any non-contractual or unsolicited communication demanding your personal data. Although a particular phone call, a letter or email from the Bank seems to be logical and grounded, there is always a possibility of fraud. Do not reply to any kind of such communication until you have personally contacted us at the appointed contacts;
- If you change your address (permanent, temporary or mailing address), inform us in time. We advice you also to inform all other parties which you deal with, and, if necessary, the respective authorities; in this manner you will prevent unwanted access of third parties to your personal data;
- Check carefully all bank information – reports and statements of bank accounts, bank cards etc. If you detect any transactions that have not been authorized by you, contact FIBank immediately;
- Check your credit indebtedness on a regular basis by requiring a report from the Central Credit Register at the Bulgarian National Bank. You can also do that through our Bank. In this way you can detect in time existing credits which were not granted to you;
- Protect the identities of deceased relatives and close friends from unauthorized access. In this way you will limit the risk of their misuse.
The bank card is a payment instrument ensuring remote access to your accounts by means of an ATM, POS or the Internet. You identify yourself in front of the Bank by inserting the card in the terminal and entering a correct PIN, and for Internet operations by indicating your name, card number and other information from it.
It is especially important to keep safely your bank cards and their PIN codes and to be very careful when using them:
- Keep your cards in a safe place away from third party access; Take safety measures to prevent theft – for example avoid placing cards in your pockets, which they can easily fall out from; never leave your handbag or wallet unattended, etc.;
- Your PIN is known only to you. The Bank does not need it and does not keep it in any form. Never reveal your PIN to anyone even if it is demanded by persons presenting themselves as FIBank employees, never give it on the Internet or by phone and never write it down. Upon receipt of your card you can change your original PIN at a FIBank ATM terminal;
- Immediately let it be known if you have lost your card or it has been stolen; keep the Bank’s phone numbers for such cases within easy access;
- Don’t carry cards you do not need and you will not use - keep them in a safe place;
- Don’t give your card to other persons; if you have to pay with it in a commercial outlet, don’t allow operations without your supervision;
- When you are paying at commercial outlets make sure that the amount and the commercial outlet details on the receipt of the POS terminal are correct. When entering the PIN code, hide the keyboard with your hand and make sure that you are not watched by anyone in close proximity to you;
- We recommend the use of the “SMS card authorization” service – in this way you will receive in due time information about bank operations carried out with your card.
When using an ATM terminal:
- Check the ATM’s slot (where you insert your card); if you notice signs of tampering, installed skimming devices, or if the terminal looks in any way unusual then use another ATM;
- When entering the PIN code, hide the keyboard with your hand and make sure that you are not watched by anyone in close proximity to you. Do not trust anyone offering you help when performing the transaction.
When paying with a card on the Internet:
- Avoid entering your card details on shared or public computers;
- Always remember to log out of any websites where you’ve entered your card details;
- Enter your card details only on secure sites (i.e. those whose web address begins with "https");
- When making purchases or reservations on the Internet, make sure you familiarize yourself with all the relevant conditions before performing the transaction – the General terms and conditions of the merchant, terms of delivery and returning policy, cancellation of reservations and disputed transactions, warranty terms, etc. Be careful to make sure that you give authorization to the merchant to charge your account only with the amount of the actual purchase.
Any kind of abuse relating to theft or loss of bank cards may be reported 24 hours night and day, 7 days a week on the following telephone numbers:
- Whatsapp, Viber (+355688087722),
- telefon +35542276756
- ose e-mail: email@example.com.
(free of charge)
(+355 4) 2276 702
(+355 4) 2276 703
First Investment Bank HQ
Blvd. Dëshmorët e Kombit
Twin Towers, No.2, Kati 14/15
tel.: (+355 4) 2276 702
fax.: (+355 4) 2280 210